50 châteaux in an area of 100 km
Val de Loire world heritage site
Garden of France
Tours labelled as the International City of Gastronomy
10 wines with controlled designation of origin (AOC)
Inhabitants in Indre-et-Loire
Researchers technicians university of Tours, INRA and CEA
Competitivity Clusters (PHARMAVALLEY & NOVECO)
Congressists / year
World class venues to host important events International Convention Centre and Exhibition Centre of Tours
Number of establishments
Competitivity centres (S2E2, ELASTOPOLE, COSMETIC VALLEY, DREAM, VEGEPOLYS, VIAMECA, Pôle européen de la céramique)
3 reasons to choose Tours Val de Loire
- Inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- World renowned for its « Châteaux de la Loire »
- Labelled « International City of Gastronomy », and a « French Tech » candidate
- 1:30 from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 1 hour from Paris Montparnasse
- 2 High-Speed railway stations with 30 daily train connections to or from Paris
- Daily flights from Tours – London Stansted, a « hub » with air links to more than 100 European destinations
- At the crossroads of national highways (A10, A28, A85)
- Every year, 800 000 congressists and 300 event organisers profit from the excellent value for money in different venues:
- an International Convention Centre designed by Jean NOUVEL which ranks amongst the top 5 in France in terms of capacity,
- an exhibition centre classed as one of the most important in France,
- 4600 hotel rooms, with 1460 rooms at a walking distance from the railway station,
- numerous locations for seminars, meetings and incentives and a multitude of original venues less than 30 minutes from Tours.
Tours Val de Loire
Every year, 1,4 million tourists with 32% foreigners are enchanted by Tours Val de Loire for different reasons!
To begin with, Val de Loire is inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Tours, a gateway to the « Châteaux de la Loire » is a perfect place to start a passionate journey across famous châteaux like Chenonceau, Amboise, Chinon, Loches, Azay-le-Rideau and many more.
Nicknamed the « Garden of France », the destination is also a land of inspiration for several writers, artists and philosophers like Balzac, Ronsard, Descartes and of course Leonardo da Vinci.
But your journey doesn’t end here. Wine lovers can taste around ten varieties of rosé, white or red wines recognised by an AOC (controlled designation of origin) like Montlouis, Vouvray, Chinon and Bourgueil. And as far as gastronomy is concerned, Tours Val de Loire is proud to have 5 Michelin-starred chefs and numerous gourmet restaurants in the region. Labelled “Cité Internationale de la Gastronomie” Tours lives up to its reputation!
Another activity not to be missed is the « Loire à Vélo ». A cycling itinerary of 800 kms along the river Loire uncovers an extremely rich landscape that leaves you wanting for more. River side restaurants, leisure boat rides and activities are also great ways to discover the territory.
A cultural visit in Tours is strongly recommended. Labelled “City of Art and History” Tours offers you a large number of exhibitions and cultural visits. Discover its historic quarters, fine arts museum, craft museum and of course the new CCCOD (Centre of Contemporary Creation). Here, shopping fans are spoilt for choice in boutiques like Printemps, Galeries Lafayette and Hermès.
And to end a tiring day, there’s nothing like a refreshing drink in a place ranked amongst the best in France by Lonely Planet: the famous place Plumereau in Tours, popularly known as place Plum’!